Metroblog

But I digress ...

23 March 2007

Happy Thank-You

Just wanted to say thanks to Mme Metro, her guest Ms. M., to Creatrix, and to my boss, who was the only other person at work yesterday and took time out from nursing her wisdom tooth sockets to sing me "Happy Birthday"! It was a nice, low-key kinda b-day.

By purest and happiest co-incidence, I had half-decided to treat myself to a microphone cord. So Mme and I entered a pawnshop (though from the prices it was more of a rook). Whiles I surfed miles of mic-to-quarter-inch plugs, she discovered a copy of the DVD we had lost, the first season of Made in Canada.

After work Mme Metro presented me with a card sent from Creatrix-ville, cooked me butter chicken, and diluted it with Elephant Island apple wine. She also gave me my present from I.H.--a CD by The Box (listen to "So Beautiful" and "Run For It" on the "New Album" page here.) frontman and creative force Jean-Marc Pisapia. The disc is called "John of Mark" and I've had it on my radar for years.

So we had our curry and our wine, and treated ourselves to two precious episodes (we have to ration them). Then we watched Hellboy ... still wondering why Mme M. felt that was appropriate.

I also realized yesterday, that I'd been telling people I was mumble-mumble years old all last year, even though I was actually mumble-mumble-minus-one. So I've caught up again, which is nice.

I have a feeling it's going to be a good year. Not perhaps as busy in terms of enormous life events as the last, but damn fine in any case.

7 Comments:

At 1:35 pm, Blogger Spocko said...

Happy Birthday!
And Hellboy is a GREAT birthday movie.

BTW, if you liked that (and based on your profile) I'd suggest Charlie Stross' Atrocity Archives.
It is about a sys admin who fights evil from another dimension. It's quite good, and funny too.

 
At 1:36 pm, Blogger Spocko said...

Oh that Mr. is me,
Mr. Spocko
LLAP

 
At 3:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer welcome.

IH

 
At 3:18 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Thanks to both of you.

Spocko, I'm flattered you popped by. Hope the battle rumbles on. Any response from Der Haus von Maus?

 
At 1:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. Hellboy? She obviously wants you to suffer. And "Made in Canada" and Canadian Tire Money? That's probably the most Canadian birthday in history...did you have tortiere for dinner?

 
At 6:16 pm, Blogger Metro said...

No. Canadian Club.

 
At 2:23 pm, Blogger spocko said...

Hi Metro.

The FSM said hello. He/She said "Try the aged cheese!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home