Metroblog

But I digress ...

28 August 2006

Hurry Up and Build the Damn Thing, Richard!

Among the people with more money than they know what to do with and who want to make their major contribution to Earth by departing from it are Bill Shatner, Victoria Pricipal, and Paris Hilton!

I'm starting a collection to get the Dubya cabinet in there. He was reluctant at first, until I told him that a one-way ticket would cost half as much as a return ... and that he wouldn't have to actually pilot anything. Plus, he can be assured that his popularity in a space shuttle might top 30% of registered US voters onboard.

Branson's going about this the wrong way. He should accept payment only for taking them up there. Upon their arrival in orbit, people on Earth log on to a special web site where you can donate towards a bid to either bring them down again or leave them up there.

I notice that Morgan Freeman's planning on going up too. Doesn't he watch the movies? He'll be dead within the first forty minutes!

Of course, if I were heading up on a shuttle with William Shatner I'd want to make damn sure my first name was printed on my red shirt.

That's it! From now on we'll call her "Ensign Hilton"!

6 Comments:

At 2:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Writer's block?

Come on man, engage me with something a little sexier than Paris Hilton heading to space. Anyone can get behind that venture.

Write about your love for Stephen Harper or something.

 
At 3:05 pm, Blogger Metro said...

You wanna control the content? Get your own blog.

Although I think you might have a problem, given your nomenclature issue. If you insist on cowering in the comments then you take what I dish out, anonymouse.

Besides, I gave you the tantalising vision of *** headed for space with his cabinet. Come the day!

 
At 3:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you get any better without at least one person reading your blog and giving you feedback.

I seemed to have touched a nerve. Insecurity doesn't suit you well metro.

I love the irony in a response from a blogger who peers out from behind his fingers.

May I suggest:

http://www.coping.org/growth/security.htm

 
At 3:41 pm, Blogger Metro said...

It's true--I do this for the readers. My self-sacrfice is legendary.

However, I suggest that if anyone here is suffering from insecurity, it'd probably be the one who dares not speak it's name.

And what's wrong with the pic? Prefer this one?

 
At 8:44 pm, Blogger Lori said...

You know, for someone who complains about 1) the writing, 2) the content, 3) the writer, you sure do come back here a lot, little 'mouse.

 
At 2:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Guido says, have a full refund and don't come back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home