Metroblog

But I digress ...

31 December 2009

Happy New Year

Well the 00s were, to quote Garry Trudeau on the 70s, "a kidney stone of a decade." I'm glad they're gone, and I hope that the 10s will be better.

I was going to tot up some of the best-and-worst of the decade, but I'm sure it's been covered by better people, and who wants to hear me go off on Bush the Lesser again? Personally, I don't.

What I really want is to wish you and yours every good thing this next year and decade.

What I really want of the next year, and the decade to come, is that it be better.

Goodnight, and good luck to us in 2010.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:56 pm, Blogger PeBo said...

May the coming year offer you minimal disappointments, few unpleasant surprises, excellent health and a virtual cornucopia of unexpected delights (at least one of which to include intense private moments of physical contact and emotional release).

 
At 6:24 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Thanks a million, buddy. We'll see you out here in the intertubes, I'm sure.

 
At 1:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto, Metro. Best of wishes for the new year.

 
At 2:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good one, mate. Hopefully Canadian politics will rescue itself from the black hole it seems to have dug for itself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home