Metroblog

But I digress ...

08 April 2009

Why Are So Many of My Favourite Singers Crazy, Stoned, or Both?

I mean it. Well look: Jim Morrison, the original American poet. Stoned

Pink Floyd: Stoned, with the exception of Syd Barrett (crazy AND stoned)

Matt Good: Crazy.



Maybe, just maybe, is it because somehow I want to reach out and touch a little crazy, a little out-of-the ordinary?

Or maybe-just-maybe is there something I recognize of myself in there? Something that writhes and barks in our/my soul(s) and sometimes is barely contained by the invisible restraints of a veneer of civilization so thin that under the right set of circumstances (and have I told you yet what they are? You look uneasy.) I'd gladly cannibalize you after you were dead, or maybe not have the decency to wait that fucking long.

Life's not easy once you realize how small we all actually are. But it's the only way we can become bigger.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:26 am, Blogger mister anchovy said...

Lots of money very quickly.
Lots of touring around to different places, living in hotels.
No accountability.
Sensitive souls.

 
At 8:17 am, Blogger Metro said...

@mister anchovy

I have a whole "Star-cycle" theory of celebrity. We call them stars, and like stars they grow, feeding on their own gases. I'm thinking about posting on this, in the light of Gibson's divorce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home