Metroblog

But I digress ...

14 April 2009

LEAVE BILLY-BOB ALONE!!!

All of Canada is rather boringly (or in Thorntonspeak, "gravylessly") abuzz with Billy-Bob Thornton's stupid celebrity tricks.

For those of you who tuned in late, BBT had a meltdown on CBC radio while being interviewed by Jian Ghomeshi. Video here.

At issue was a) whether mentioning that BBT had another part-time gig as a film star violated the guidelines Ghomeshi was given "not to talk about that", and b) whether that gave Thornton the right to act like a complete @$$#013 if he did.

The Onion's AV Club just put up a post on why Billy-Bob should be taken seriously as a musician.
4. Like all legitimate musicians who have never had acting careers, Billy Bob prepares for a gig by doing a few backstage interviews with local reporters, chain-smoking, and slathering on more foundation than Eva Longoria
But the hysterical stuff is in the comments. Here, for one:



I'm sure Thornton is just tired of it all and wishes it would all go away, which is precisely how I feel.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:17 pm, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

The whole thing was totally blown out of proportion. But what I don't get it why was he on Q to begin with? Is he really that interesting or could they find anyone more relevant to put on the show that day?

 
At 8:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And this is why I really don't care about celebrities anymore.

And the fact that when I start typing in the comment box, Blogger wipes out what I've typed and takes me to the bottom of the page is why I don't like Blogger anymore. As Raincoaster would say "Come into the light, come over to WordPress."
The word verification thing is a bummer, too.

 
At 8:13 am, Blogger Metro said...

@WC
He's a celebrity with what's known as a "vanity band." Q does music and arts. They were touring Canada. Seems like a logical connection to me.

@silverstar
Celebrity journalism directly contributes to the death of an informed electorate: "Politics *click* politics *click* ... Oooh--Britney!"

I haven't had that problem with Blogger in a while. As to hang-ups, I get as many with WP as I get with Blogger blogs. In fact, I have more page hangs with WP, I think.

 
At 4:41 pm, Blogger Philipa said...

Being a rich succesful bastard is so last season.

What an asshole.

 
At 10:55 pm, Anonymous G Eagle Esq said...

Bonjour M Metro

Je me flatter que j'agree au sujet des choses si divers et multiduniƩes avec la Dame ApilihP

mais surement :

etre un riche et plein de success .... [je ne puis translater cette mot] .... est si cette saison

It is being no longer a success that is "so last season"

AND what have her Ladyship et Guido Fawkes been doing to puir Maitre Bruin in my absence

I go off to les Indes where I was banned from getting a Drink (some pathetic tale about everyone been banned, because they were 'aving un Election

and I return horribly sober just 10 days later to find that so many Zanu-Labour Spinners seem to have been sacked for some occasions of (apparently) disApprobation

AND what is your Friend Monsieur W-V telling us, by suggesting :

rebombf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home