Metroblog

But I digress ...

27 March 2009

With Apologies

Sometime in the way-back-whenago my longtime friend Hobbes stopped in for a visit. We haven't seen each other for about many-many years, and we've clearly wandered a long way from our Catholic school days in La Belle Province.

Hobbes most recently wrote me to say that he'd written a story with me in mind. I found it fascinating, and said I'd post a link to it. Here, after rather too long a delay, is that link.

But don't confine yourself to that single story. Hobbes has mad story skillz and is a delight to listen to. Check out his blog and listen to a few for yourself.

The fascinating thing about the story, for me, is the marvelous mix of fact, fiction, and perspective I find in it. The tale is so compelling that I could think it was true, or that my actual memories of that time in my life were somehow wrong, FSM knows they're foggy enough. I might even believe that "Ted" was the name I was Christened with--and it isn't, lest the Avid Fans (all five of them) wonder.

I've put a couple of new links in the sidebar. It's all I've got time for at the moment. I can't believe I ever got anything done when I was employed.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:01 pm, Blogger JD Hobbes said...

Fiction?! Every word is the truth! Er... well, if there's a lie in there, I certainly didn't make it up! I'm only repeating what I was told...

Any feedback is welcome! And thanks for the compliments Metro... Much appreciated and I'm glad (relieved) you liked it!

 
At 5:09 pm, Blogger JD Hobbes said...

I might re-upload the file because I can hear that it's playing only on the left. I can fix that pretty easily.

 
At 6:56 am, Blogger JD Hobbes said...

Updated!

 
At 7:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friend is a wonderful seannichie. I might have to go hear some more stories, although I am more into reading, myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home