Metroblog

But I digress ...

23 March 2009

A Passing Thought

Mme and I were having a discussion as we walked to work (her work. I'm as yet underemployed) about the things that sometimes happen to couples.

"I think," quoth she "that we're good enough friends that even if things didn't work out we'd still live together."

She thinks.

Naturally my first thought was to wonder why the hell that thought had ever crossed her mind.

However, on second thought we've both heard of couples separated by time, distance, and circumstance, so it's fairly natural to consider a future under which we might find ourselves one of those couples.

"Well," I returned "We haven't seen Mum and Dad's house since the remodelling. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that they'd moved into twin beds or even separate rooms. I mean, Mum snores something historic!"

"Wait" I second-thoughted, "Why would Dad care? He's deaf nowadays."

Mother Nature is a true romantic sometimes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what's more romantic, you being good enough friends to still live together, or Mother Nature making your dad deaf while your mother snores.

(As an aside, your mother should probably get checked for sleep apnea, especially if she seems tired all the time.)

 
At 1:52 pm, Blogger Norlinda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger Metro said...

Well I've always said Mme and I will never get divorced. Hit men are cheaper than lawyers.

Besides, widowers get serious sympathy dates.

Dad's deafness, according to Mum, merely meant that she now knew he wasn't listening to a word she said, instead of merely suspecting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home