Metroblog

But I digress ...

05 February 2009

What a Difference a President Makes

From the Doonesbury website's "Say What?" segment:
"I screwed up."
-- Barack Obama, February 3, 2009

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it... I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet... You know I... I hope I... I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't... You just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
-- George W. Bush, August 13, 2004, when asked if he'd made any mistakes since September 11, 2001
I wish we had an Obama here. Instead, we have the Conservative Party of Canada who cling to the worst failures of their philosophy even as their incompetence makes headlines.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did it again, the Doonesbury link comes back to your site. Are you just trying to prove no one clicks links?

Seriously, I couldn't agree more. It's nice to see somebody say "I screwed up." It's also nice to see politicians bow out when they are caught being naughty. Unlike the Republicans who are still in office even though they've been caught doing very naughty things.

 
At 8:15 am, Blogger Norlinda said...

I wish for a Canadian Obama too. Oh yeah, so how's that story submission going?

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger Metro said...

@silverstar:
Fixed--I didn't format the tag properly, and it seems as though Bloggr's automatic response to an empty tag is to send the viewer to the page they're viewing.

@Norlinda:
Curse you for remembering I'd written that!

In a word, slow. I have a variety of ideas and I keep pecking away at them. But at some point I know I'll have to consider them done and toss them out the door.

But not yet, my precioussss, not yet ...

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger Pugs said...

Please take him...

 
At 3:07 pm, Blogger Metro said...

We'd take him, but we have so little to offer in exchange ...

Really? You're still down on the guy? Surely anything is an imporvement over his predecessor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home