Metroblog

But I digress ...

25 February 2009

They That Go Down to the Sea in Ships ...

I have, so far as I know, little naval heritage. At least no more so than any other descendant of an island nation. However, I do love the water, and what Ratty referred to as "simply messing about in boats."

As a writer, I seek to connect to my passions, and to help others see the beauty in them. And in search of a lead line for what I hope may be a profitable little article, I went to Google the phrase forming the title of this post.

Which brought me to Evan Izer. I'll let his site speak for itself.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I needed. A major time waster - but a fascinating one. I wonder what a skilled genealogist could do with some of them.

 
At 7:24 am, Blogger Metro said...

Convert your family to Mormonism?

Still, as you say, fascinating stuff.

 
At 11:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, Monsieur M

Tres interessant

wv = falide

 

Post a Comment

<< Home