Metroblog

But I digress ...

27 November 2008

Phone Sex Operators Talk to You Live!!!

Well, not quite live, I guess ... From Mother Jones comes this photo essay about phone sex operators.

Lest you think it's all fun and games, and laughing at the chumps willing to spend $3.99 a minute to alleviate their desperation and loneliness for another night, help yourself to a free quote:
Just last night I received possibly the most disturbing phone sex call I’d had in a long time.

A caller shot himself with me on the phone.

Things like this always scare me.

My current track record stands at one confession of incestuous sexual abuse, and two other suicides.


Oh, and as I sidle toward a posting on free speech and the law, here's a fine example of what happens when we pervert language.

And another one.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:53 am, Blogger Philipa said...

Blimey, makes you feel sympathy towards the sex phone operators but then again those who phone them are likely to be desperate or deranged.

I always imagine them to be nice chubby women dressed in cardigans who knit in betwen calls.

 
At 9:06 am, Blogger Metro said...

"Desperate or deranged?"

You really think so?
Me, I just think they're probably a little more lonely or isolated than average.

I don't feel sympathy for the operators--I feel they provide a badly needed service.

In any case you'll love this. Be sure to watch carefully, and all the way to the end.

 
At 11:45 am, Blogger Philipa said...

Yep, yep that's it! That's what I thought!!

Sympathy in that hearing someone commit suicide can't be good. And I've been celibate for over 7 years and never felt the need to pay someone to talk dirty to me. Mind you I do have my own breasts to play with.

 
At 3:23 pm, Blogger Philipa said...

Awww I thought I would get a retort about fat blokes and flat chested women.

 
At 10:29 am, Blogger Metro said...

Um--odd. I actually posted a reply:

"Well, if I had my own set I'd never leave the house."

But Blogger appears to have left it somewhere. Not to worry--you weren't missing much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home