Metroblog

But I digress ...

24 September 2008

Because I'm Still Discomboobulated #71

Which is presumably worse, somehow, than being comboobulated ...

In any case, I haven't had eight good hours of sleep all week, or even four strung together. My lungs seem to be smouldering, which I attribute to the recent rain having knocked down all the forest fire smoke from Oregon (yeah, Oregon--hell, we get smoke from friggin' California, no lie).

I was reminded of this by a post over at Nag's terrific blog.
Here's the most surfing-terminology-strewn four minutes of classic Batman ever. Proving once again that everything lives on on YouTube.

--Even stuff better forgotten, or indeed buried decently at midnight at an unmarked crossroads with a wooden stake through its heart.



Love the cheesy music, especially the way it stays utterly unchanged at the most dramatic moment. It has all the depth and nuance of the acting.

I always remember the quote from this episode:

Chief O'Hara (Watching a Joker-sponsored surf band):
"I've heard of longhair music, but never greenhair music!"

I was watching this as a rerun somewhere around 1985, and one of my favourite bands was Sigue Sigue Sputnik.



This is Sigue Sigue Sputnik. Chief O'Hara is presumably gently revolving wherever they stuck him after the series was cancelled.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:31 am, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Our air quality is the shits here, too, due to the same forest fires. Gr. Soon enough, the local slash burning will start and it'll be even worse. I hope you get some sleep soon!

 
At 9:38 am, Blogger Metro said...

I'm sure I will. I just hope they wake me up after the meeting.

 
At 6:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man,I'm down with the Dark Knight...but Joker clearly won that contest. Way to have a bunch of pointdexter beach kids hand you a tainted victory, Bats. Sickening.

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger Metro said...

Yeah, I think the fix was totally in on that one. I saw a surf bunny winking at the Chinese judge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home