Metroblog

But I digress ...

22 August 2008

Some Good News From the Pews

More Americans Question Religion's Role in Politics quoth the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life.



Even more interesting was the snapshot data on opinions regarding gay marriage, an issue which prompted many states to put ridiculous measures on their ballots in 2004 enacting discrimination (one of those republican values, I guess) as law.

In 2004, the number of people who regarded equal marriage as "Very important," the number of people who said churches should butt out was 25%. Now it's 50%.

It's a hopeful sign, I think. Now if only we could trust people to not vote for the candidate they believe their God would prefer, and simply choose the best option, then we might be getting somewhere.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:47 am, Blogger Pugs said...

I like my religion mixed into my political shpere. It makes the crazies more recognizable...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home