Metroblog

But I digress ...

30 June 2008

Man Commits Second-Degree Murder, and Gets Away With It

Okay, so I see two guys coming out my neighbour's window. I phone 9-1-1. The dispatcher tells me to wait inside my house. Instead, I outright tell the dispatcher that I'm going to go and kill the guys, hang up, and go blast 'em. Then I phone back 9-1-1 and call for an ambulance. Both men die.

Guilty of manslaughter, almost certainly. Guilty of second-degree murder, really.

But in Texas it's fine to kill people as long as they're brown.

That's the message I'm reading from the fact that a grand jury failed to indict Joe Horn for blowing away two hispanic males he saw crawling out his neighbour's window.

This is really sickening. He called 9-1-1 and was told to stay indoors:
"Don't go outside the house," the 911 operator pleaded. "You're gonna get yourself shot if you go outside that house with a gun. I don't care what you think."
"You wanna make a bet?" Horn answered. "I'm gonna kill 'em."
And he did.
"I had no choice," he said, his voice shaking. "They came in the front yard with me, man. I had no choice. Get somebody over here quick."



Smoking Joe Horn, Murderer.

Another responsible gun owner defending, presumably, his neighbour's VCR or something important, and worth killing someone over, like that.

Oh, and did I mention this fact about this threatening confrontation that so frightened Mr "I'm gonna kill 'em" that he had no course of action open but to open fire on the threatening brown people who were terrorizing him?

Both men were shot in the back.

If you visit that story, don't read the comments. The volcanic hatred of teh brown and the saliva-dribbling insanity will curdle milk in any nearby dairy herds.

Just a thought: The hatred of illegal immigrants in the US, and the associated racism, is approaching KKK-esque proportions. D'you think he'd have been let go if he was black?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 3:32 pm, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Just as an aside, my dad, who is a card-carrying member of the NRA, just got a watch in the mail from them the day the constitutional thing down there was on the news! It's a cool watch, and can even track how fast your bullets go! It tells you the best hunting and fishing times! It beeps at weird times for no apparent reason! Wow!

 
At 3:42 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Geez, you're lucky.

My grandpa blew away two messicans, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt ...

 
At 9:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[sigh] Every one of those radical anti-immigrant fools is the descendant of numerous immigrants - either that or they are brown themselves!

 
At 8:14 am, Blogger Metro said...

It seems as though the current election cycle is creating a positive feedback loop pandering to the worst slanders regarding immigration.

People want to believe the stranger is responsible for all their ills, and many people are happy to feed that prejudice--particularly the ones who are actually responsible.

I saw a thread snippet, probably on bash.org in which someone said:

"I'd like to see them round up all the criminal types and send them to like an abandoned continent all to themselves somewhere. Then you come back in fifty years. What do you think they'd have to say then?"

"Um ... 'G'day mate'?"

 
At 4:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didja notis? If ya reed tha coments sekshun of tha artikul yul find a obvius difrens in speling and punkuashun batwene the to opinyans.



Personally, I think he should be given a medal. Made of lead and pinned to his chest at 3200fps.

IH

 
At 2:01 pm, Blogger Metro said...

@IH
I suppose, given that he has a history of violence and outright murder, that the awarding of such a decoration might qualify as self-defence.

However, if that's legally shaky, perhaps you should try to prove that his mother swam in the Rio Grande once.

Which seems good enough excuse for the dribblers in the comments.

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger Pugs said...

I love the picture of the guy. He looks like a stuffed sausage...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home