Metroblog

But I digress ...

08 May 2008

Via Jesus' General ... and Just in Time for Mother's Day

Only on the internet could we have ever seen the phrases seen here:

  • I started thinking about how so many people make the mistake of buying inappropriate lingerie for their mothers.

  • Because it turns out there's appropriate lingerie to buy Mum, apparently.

  • Do not buy crotch-less or peek-a-boo numbers.

  • I feel the above remark wins the "Image-I-Beg-You-to-Stab-Me-in-the-Frontal-Lobe-With-an-Icepick-to-Remove" award.

  • So please, the next time you think of purchasing lingerie for your mother, think tactfully ...


  • O, I promise, I will.

    And no. There is no such thing as "appropriate lingerie" to buy one's own mother. Cotton pajamas are sleepwear. A dressing gown is loungewear. Anyone buying mum actual lingerie is automatically entered in the grand Norman Bates/Oedipus Rex sweepstakes.

    Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

    3 Comments:

    At 3:20 pm, Blogger Philipa said...

    Eew! Anything other than slippers should be avoided. That advice is worse than that told by Jeff Foxworthy - in the lamars class: after the birth do NOT have sex. I remember him doing a red-neck impression, saying from the maternity ward: well put him in his cot, it's a shame to waste this semi-private room, Sweetpea x

     
    At 9:39 am, Blogger Metro said...

    So ... what'd your kids get you?

     
    At 1:27 pm, Blogger Philipa said...

    Anything I ask for... NOW!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home