Metroblog

But I digress ...

29 May 2008

Random, Wonderful, Thoughtful, Sexy Writing.

From the blog Smart Girls Who Do it. There's a lot of good writing at that site, if you're into that sort of thing. But what caught Metro's eye was the post entitled "The girl in the mirror," with its assertion that:
The girl in the mirror is not me.
I feel it's a worthwhile read. About presumption, surface, undercurrents, and so much more of that which makes us who we are.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great read! I've been thinking about assumptions a lot lately. My boss (whom I have to sit beside every day) assumes I'm an airheaded two-dimensional uninteresting nobody. Like the girl in that post, I've done amazing things in my life he can't possibly imagine; and if he could, his head would implode.

I've met people who turned out to be a thousand times more interesting than you'd think at first glance. Almost everyone is a treasure chest.

 
At 9:08 am, Blogger Metro said...

I like to shake up people's assumptions, especially now that I'm married and apparently supposed to get busy tracking my way to the old folks' home.

Last week I asked the girl with the metal detector wand at the club door (it's really totally unnecessary, but it makes the kids feel like Big City Badasses) whether I'd have to remove any piercing jewelry.

She looked at my unpierced ears, glanced at my chest where my shirt stretched undisturbed, and then her eyes dipped below my belt buckle for a fraction of a second.

"Er ... No," she answered in a thoughtful sort of way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home