Metroblog

But I digress ...

30 March 2008

In the (Hopefully) Temporary Absence of Inspiration

I offer you, as always, the second-best in stolen content.

(The best stolen content is, of course, the stuff Raincoaster steals from me.)

This was appropriated from Aerchie's Archive

What Is Your Battle Cry?

Yea, verily: Who is that, stalking out of the tarmac! It is Metro, hands clutching a meaty axe! And with an ominous cry, his voice cometh:

"Vengeance and goo flow from my veins! I carve into flesh until everything has croaked!"

Find out!
Enter username:
Are you a girl, or a guy ?

created by beatings : powered by monkeys



I'm kind of on hiatus lately. Just finished my last play a couple of weeks back, and I'm looking to the future. Trying to hack my life a little.

In particular, I have become a wee bit concerned about the shape I'm in. Last week, Mme Metro went to the big smoke to participate in a study which is apparently attempting to assess the effect of marriage upon one's psyche. Of which I will say nothing further. However, in the process we were called upon to step on a scale. This scale, worse yet, gave a reading of my body fat percentage. I won't tell you the numbers. Just take it as read that I didn't like them.

In honour of which, here are some Canadian musicians, also worried about the shape they're in.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Metro, I went to (joined) Curves on Friday and had some brutally honest weight-taking and fat-percentage-assessing and measurement-writing-down, and I know your pain.

 
At 11:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're much braver than I am - a public weighing??? *shudder*

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger Metro said...

@PJ: Interesting. I like the Curves approach, although their founder is a bit too devout for my tastes. I do wonder whether more guys would benefit from the stripped-down, no-chrome, no-lockers no-spandex approach.

All-male gyms for guys seem to be a non-starter. I suppose that while you're grunting your way through your daily torture you need a reminder of why you're bothering.

Hey--why not co-locate gymnasia and coronary inpatient wards?

Nah--heart attack victims look terrible in spandex.

@AZ
Actually, it was an individual, private weighing. And you'll notice I have not posted any numbers ...

Maybe in a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home