Metroblog

But I digress ...

06 March 2008

Blogroll Additions, and About Time Too

I've finally gotten around to adding Vlad the Impala of Northern Planets to the blogroll. I haven't yet added his wordpress blog, also Northern Planets. Nor his uncensored Northern Planets Uncensored.

But via The Questionable Authority, I have found a wondrous blog of things tentacular and poetic. Fans of that squid-squeezer Raincoaster will doubtless enjoy the poetic cephalopodcasts of The Digital Cuttlefish.

Go and read the post about English and creationism.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I have to say, Digital Cuttlefish does a good job of covering its beat, but I don't really find Creationism vs Atheism to be something that I find terribly exciting. Or relevant. Sure, there are dumb people around. But I just can't really get my knickers in a twist about some fundies being wrong somewhere. I mean, if they keep breeding stupid to stupid they'll die out eventually, won't they?

 
At 12:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her Grace " .... if they keep breeding stupid to stupid they'll die out eventually, won't they?"

In there, isn't there some "non sequitur", hardly supported by empirical observation, as in :

eg UK New Labour

 
At 10:59 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Actually, the reverse has been observed in the US.

Possibly because of a general level of misunderstanding of biological fundamentals, it appears that the fundies have started to outbreed smart people.

The film "Idiocracy" was based around that idea.

 
At 3:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but can't we use them as livestock at least? They go well with a nice Cabernet Franc, I've heard.

 
At 3:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also: who would ever admit to having watched "Idiocracy" eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home