Metroblog

But I digress ...

14 February 2008

From "Canadian Bacon"

Just for Raincoaster, to express my vague admiration for the fact that if you Google "YouTube Canadian Bacon Garbage Truck", her blog comes up in about third place, just behind the discussion board for people who want to sort out Toronto's solid waste problems. Which itself also seems appropriate.



One of John Candy's last films, and one of the best films about Canada-US relations ever made. Directed by a very good filmmaker who perhaps should have stuck to comedy.

3 Comments:

At 11:17 pm, Blogger Lori said...

I only have one thing to say:
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

 
At 8:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

errr ... shuffles from right talon to left talon ... and back

errr ... Monsieur Metro

I flatter mysen that I agree with Mdm Lori on so many things, especially cooking ... apart of course from the undesirability of eating crabs and shellfish ... and politics and religion

but even as I scratch the keyboard with my talons, the erudite Lady Philipa is probably humming sotto voce :

Romani ite domum

Je reste le vestre servant etc

Aquila non Candida

 
At 8:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

errr ... again ... shuffles from right talon to left talon ... and back

errr ...

Salve Magister Metrovie

I flatter mysen that I agree with the erudite Magister Cleese on so many things

but as the erudite Lady Philipa is probably humming sotto voce :

domUM is of course accusative for motion

(the locative being for statioery place)

Maneo servus obediens

Vale

Aquila non Candida

 

Post a Comment

<< Home