Metroblog

But I digress ...

15 January 2008

Something New

I don't glom onto memes as a rule. The new Metroformat might require more memes, I suppose. After all, I'm not yet so desperate that I'll stoop to endless quizzes, unlike some Raincoasters I could name.

However, while cruising my sadly-neglected blogroll today I discovered, over at Darren Barefoot's place, a meme I think is pretty cool:
Via Neatorama, you compose faux CD covers for imaginary bands using these three sources:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title on the page is the name of your band.

2. www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.

3. www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.


I tried it twice:





As Darren points out, there doesn't seem to be much respect for photo copyright in the last step. Rather than blow the synergy by deliberately searching out creative commons pics, I would prefer to give credit for the pictures above to the proper owners. And I promise them a share of any profits I might accrue from this blog entry:

Pic 1 came from the Flickr photostream of someone whose name, alas, I have no idea how to pronounce: مبرووك عليكم المطر.

Pic 2 is by eyecatcher.

My Wikipedia pages got me to the general disambiguation page for , and the second from the page on "System of systems".

My first quote was:
One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done.
--Marie Curie

The second:
Get away from the crowd when you can. Keep yourself to yourself, if only for a few hours daily.
--Arthur Brisbane

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home