Metroblog

But I digress ...

19 December 2007

We Interrupt This Blog to Bring You Christmas 2007 and 1843

I haven't been getting out much lately. As some Avid Fans know, I'm involved in two stage productions right now. The first starts tonight and runs virtually until Christmas Eve. The second starts in the first week of the new year.

So we're down to the wire. Dress rehearsals occupy most of my laughably-mis-named free time. In between, my hours are consumed with work-related issues; Amazing how earning a living seems to get in the way of actually living, eh?

So I have been unable to circulate among the blogroll. I regret this, and I miss you all.

Furthermore, my workplace is on the move, and with the move comes one unfortunate change: the Mothership.

The Mothership is the internet-regulating server that we will be connected to. It will restrict access to the net and watch over traffic. I presume it will also alert my employers to time spent at "non-productive" sites.

What this means is that until further notice I intend not to post from work, which will cut down on my output a bit. I will also have to stop playing Desktop Tower Defence and checking social networks on my breaks.

On the other hand, I expect to have more time for reading at work. What do they expect me to do? Increase productivity? Oh my achin' back!

So I'm probably going to take a little break from now until approximately New Year's. I'll drop the odd post in if possible, but I ain't optimistic.

"But Metro!" I hear the Avid Fans cry, "How shall we both fill the void in our suddenly dull, hum-drum lives? How can we face the year 2008 without your occasionally amusing, sometimes-cogent commentary on politics, society, and all manner of things we could not possibly understand without your razor-keen insight?"

I would like to take this opportunity to point you towards the blogroll over there on the right. It is from many of these blogs that I steal what become some of my best ideas.

Alternatively, I invite you to play some games of Desktop Tower Defence. Oh, and watch the video. Why not?



I wouldn't kick her out of bed for dancing. Or indeed anything short of attempted manslaughter ...

Too saccharine for you? Try this one:



So a Merry Christmas, and all the best. If I don't talk to you sooner, see you next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home