Metroblog

But I digress ...

11 December 2007

Playing Along With SttD

Slave to the Dogs has come up with a great idea:
The game is to invent a disgusting drink (alcoholic preferred but non will do) and come up with a name for it. This should provide loads of easy entertainment for simple-minded people like me.

I'll start.

Double Fountain - prune juice & tequila


Metro's off-the-cuff idea? Dish detergent and absinthe: a Bubble Vision.

Spew your ideas all over her comments. Or mine. After a couple of BV's who cares, eh?

3 Comments:

At 12:45 pm, Blogger Slave to the dogs said...

And an LOLCat to boot? Thanks Metro! Gonna add your drink to my list!

Can you guys get absinthe up there? It's not legal here - something about wormwood being too similar to THC or something.

 
At 2:03 pm, Blogger Metro said...

We can get a weaker strain. As I understand it, it's virtually impossible to get the "real" full-potency stuff even in Europe these days.

From all I've read about absinthe, it's actually about as potent as wine, but literature and legend following the LanFray murders in France have built up the effect in the public imagination.

The active compound, (which I learn is called thujone), is apparently rather milder than THC.

More here

 
At 9:26 pm, Blogger Slave to the dogs said...

We managed to sneak a bottle back from Europe in 2001. The effect was a little different from typical alcohol for me in that it made my face very warm. But no hallucinations or anything kooky like that.

Ah yes, thujone - the spousal unit looked that up once.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home