Metroblog

But I digress ...

16 November 2007

CBC is Loaded Today

A few things you could check out while you're over at the CBC looking at the article linked below.

If you had a trillion dollars (US), what could you buy besides the deaths of some 600,000 people?

Scientists create robot cockroaches that join cockroach society and influence group decision-making processes. However the experiment had to be terminated when the robots began taking over the discussion threads at Little Green Footballs.

Hoover-mouthed dinosaur profiled. Reports say the animal could barely lift its head above the trough. Sounds like a shoo-in for a slot in the Republican party.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:28 am, Blogger Philipa said...

If I had a trillion dollars I would move house and buy somewhere I wouldn't have to listen to my pain in the backside neighbours at 1am every sodding night.

Maybe I could buy the Isle of Wight.

My son loves dinosaurs.We went to the Natural History museum in london where they have a full size animatronic T rex - you walk round a corner and there he is and then he looks round at you, it is quite scary :-) My daughter was fine but my son cried and had to be carried - I don't think she's ever let him forget that :-/

 
At 11:16 am, Blogger Metro said...

If you had a trillion dollars, philipa, you could have the Isle of Wight custom-built in central London, complete with a drawbridge or ferry service to restrict access from the English mainland.

Of course there'd be some discussion by the current occupants, and some moaning about lost congestion charge monies. But in the ned the place would probably be prettier and less crowded overall.

Small boys love dinosaurs. And as Dave Barry says, in his entertaining and even occasionally accurate Guide to Guys:

"Girl toddlers will work hard to communicate with and imitate the behavior of other family members; boy toddlers will imagine that they are large meat-eating dinosaurs and stomp around the house in their disposable diapers, trying to bite the dog."

There's a better quote, but I can't find it at the moment.

 
At 1:33 pm, Blogger Philipa said...

That is a brilliant quote Metro and so true! He's 7 and still stomps around the house roaring like a dinosaur.

I suppse when he's 15 he'll stomp around the house asking for money ;-/

I'm going to dream about having a trillion dollars, thankyou :~) There are actually forts around the coast that cost about £3M that aren't subject to British law I don't think. Covered in seagull poo though :-(

 
At 9:12 am, Blogger Metro said...

So buy one! Guano is a valuable resource.

I mean, jut think how nice your garden will be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home