Metroblog

But I digress ...

31 October 2007

We Are Sick and Tired

So as some Avid Fans may know, Mme Metro needed to undergo some minor day surgery at a local-ish institute of learning. I took the Monday off to drive her and the Tuesday following to care for her.

Whereupon I promptly developed severe laryngitis, without any other cold symptoms. Then today I developed all the symptoms.

Mme has thus far made a splendid recovery. I continue to languish. With the result that most of the time Mme seems to be looking after me.

However, I did manage to make my usual Hallowe'en Jack o'lanterns.



Which is good, because otherwise I'd have accomplished nothing at all.



Except a blog post.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pumpkins! Sorry to hear you're both less than 100%.

 
At 5:20 am, Blogger Metro said...

Thank you. I should point out that Mme suggested the "Scream" pumpkin.

Actually, she's probably hovering at 95%. Me, no better than 85%. The whole business is complicated by the fact that I'm having a great deal of trouble sleeping through the nights right now. Grrrr.

 
At 2:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the "Scream" jack-o-lantern - fabulous!

Hope you're both feeling better. *hug*

 
At 10:43 am, Blogger Philipa said...

So sorry to learn you've both been poorly, *hugs* from across the pond.

Great lanterns by the way :-)

We've been celebrating the quoshing of terrorism here in Blighty but it's largely been curtailed due to health and safety laws. I kid you not. And the Institute of policy Studies has now recommended the 'downgrading' of Christmas lest it offend other religious believers. You can't make it up.

Get well soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home