Metroblog

But I digress ...

12 October 2007

Friday Drive-By Posting

Yup. Work, work, work; act, act, act. That's all I do. Then I leave work.

Have I told you there's yet another infestation of Raincoaster at my place? Apparently it followed someone home one day and has made itself at home. One hears it crawling through the ventilation ducts and snickering to itself as it caresses the keyboard of the computer mushily slurring "myyyy pressshhhusss". This has less to do with the beaky mouth and lack of lips that it has to do with the vast quatities of alcohol the creature consumes. It has finished the vodka, and even made inroads on the beer (a substance it claims to abhor). I recycled the vodka bottle, and inside included a note begging anyone who finds it to leave, and not to return to this once-happy village, but to alert the air force. It's a sacrifice, but one I'm prepared to make. And after all, I'll be out of town ...

As proof of the creature's presence I have enclosed the following picture:


Raincoaster footwear, viewed through our front window. Note that this is not the complete collection--obviously this set is insufficient to cover all of the pseudopods.

Clearly the unfortunate proprietor of The Zen of Steve has had some experience with the Moist Maven. I would suggest that said proprietor immediately acquaint themselves with one of the upstanding charitable organizations dedicated to helping people recuperate from the horrid experience. Particularly if it was undergone sans alcohol.

Alternatively, the French Foreign Legion is still accepting recruits.

8 Comments:

At 3:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, they refused me. It's probably for the best; cephalopods don't do well in the desert.

 
At 2:20 am, Blogger Philipa said...

Love the shoes - obviously a cephalapod with style.

Raincoaster doesn't like beer? hmn..

Metro I've got the blog back up if you want to pop by my place

 
At 3:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He knows. I saw your blog was up and yelled at him till he came over and looked at it. He's probably just waiting till something theologically enlightened yet seductive comes to mind before posting a comment there.

 
At 6:41 am, Blogger Philipa said...

Right-O, I've the very thing..

 
At 8:39 am, Blogger Metro said...

Not really. I'm waiting 'till I've two minutes to bang together ... But I'm very glad to see you back, Philipa.

 
At 9:53 am, Blogger Philipa said...

Thanks metro - I was just hoping for a 'happy birthday', pathetic I know so I've found a theology-ish link to bung on the blog just for you. Hope to see you soon :-)

 
At 11:35 am, Blogger Metro said...

Not in the least pathetic, Philipa. My fault for being so over-comitted that I can't even find the time for the blogroll nowadays.

I'm reduced to canned posts and video these days. Friends say the qaulity's up. :-P

 
At 4:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Two minutes to bang together," eh? Oh, if only there were a cheap pun to be made...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home