Metroblog

But I digress ...

24 October 2007

Dance, Monkey, Dance

Okay, so the post below is long and depressing. But Metro knows what bloggers are for! We exist to spread teh funneh all over the intertubes, like faeces on a car windscreen.

Metro's just another monkey with a death wish, and he knows it.

But that's okay. We have teh funny videos to watch until the ice caps melt.

Because if you type "monkey with a death wish" into Google, you get this:



Shot against sunset of Metro-Monkey, dancing and tipping hat to Ærchie, for the animation.

6 Comments:

At 5:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much as I enjoy the hat-tip, I fear you have confused your source. This is the first time I have seen this so possibly someone else passed it on to you - I will certainly be stealing this for tomorrow's blogging :)

 
At 8:11 am, Blogger Metro said...

No, no ... I meant the "Dance, Monkey, Dance" animation I linked to in the title. Sorry about the non-clarity. Steal away. FSM knows it's not mine to begin with, so why should I mind?

 
At 12:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's adorable!
I think the monkey is playing with the cubs. Primates have a weird obsession with kitties.

 
At 1:10 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Tell that to Mme Metro.

Funny, I always remember Koko's remark about kittens:

"Soft good cat cat."

Oh she had a million of 'em ...

We went out for a while, did you know? But I wasn't a silverback yet, so she threw me over for some gorilla. Or possibly LK.

The French commentary essentially says that the cubs have strayed into the monkey's territory. Then at the end:

"The vanquisher rests [...] perhaps wondering who will play with him now."

 
At 8:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That monkey has some stones! Not that the cubs pose much threat. They're sitting ducks, easy marks. The real threat to the primate would be the mother tiger climbing stealthily up the tree behind it!

 
At 10:31 am, Blogger Metro said...

@Soylent:
Cubs ... Harmless? Ever sat in an easy chair while a kitten clawed its way up Mount You? Now imagine that, only ten times the size!

They're deadly, I tell you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home