Metroblog

But I digress ...

28 September 2007

Settle Down, Metro. Have Some Pie

I really appreciate the fact that some of you (at least three, I think) take time from your lives to come and read this stuff.

Let's face it. I'm not the most insightful, nor the most interesting, nor even the most squidly blogger on the planet. There are lots of other sites to see and read.

But what I really appreciate is the comments. In particular the well-worded, respectful ones that tell me when I've perhaps, crossed the line.

M. G. EagLE's note that, like Neo, Metro should perhaps settle down and have some apple pie was a wonderfully coded message letting me know I'm being too crabby. True. Politics gets me that way sometimes, and politics of late has been ... uninspiring, to say the least.

I have to defend my outrage, I suppose. It seems like the only appropriate reaction. However, I realize the outrage has once again ballooned on this blog, as it does. It didn't help that I was over on Cliff Schecter's blog censuring a troll for incivility today.

So I'm going to try to ratchet it down again. At least until Bush does something equally mmmph mmph mmph.

Pauses. Removes hand from mouth.

Sorry ... almost lost it again there.

Let's talk about something else for a while, shall we?

3 Comments:

At 8:06 pm, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

While I can speak volumes about the theraputic effects of baking and the consumption thereof, it's OK to be crabby. It's your blog, after all. With absolutely no disrespect intended towards Mr. G. Eagle Esq., spewing about your rage and indignance (which, according to my Oxford dictionary is not a word, surprisingly) when the mood strikes is just fine. I don't think you're a bitter, repressed person who walks the world hunched over with anger and vitriol.

However, I would recommend indulging in a regular dessert routine just to give you that little bit of extra pleasure each day.

 
At 8:54 am, Blogger Metro said...

I'd like to hope I'm not some hunched-over bitter crazy who sees nothing good in the world.

Although I'm playing one ... perhaps there's a bit of drama/life slop-over going on?

A diet of fuming isn't healthy for anyone. As you say, it's time for something a bit frothier and sweeter.

 
At 9:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm... hot homemade apple pie with vanilla icecream. Can't ever feel cranky after something like that.

But if you still do, then hey, that's just you. And we love you anyhow.

There's never any need to apologise for being you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home