Metroblog

But I digress ...

03 August 2007

Not My Longest Post

But in response to Mur's recommendation that I visit Coff's Harbour, Australia ...

I knew I'd heard the name before, in connection with the picture my folks have of the Biggest Banana in the World. To jog my memory I headed over to, where else, Google.



The Biggest Banana in the World

From th'Goo it was a short, or long, trip to:

The Longest List of the Longest Stuff at the Longest Domain Name at Long Last.

Dot com.

I just thought that was a fantastic name for a site. Go look at it, your life will be a little richer, if not longer.

4 Comments:

At 1:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men! Size queens!

 
At 6:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I think of it, it is a little phallic.
Then again Australian councils all try to outdo each other with 'big' things to attract the tourist's.
The big Prawn, big Sheep, big Pineapple and not to mention the big Brahman bull with the biggest set of testicles in the country!

 
At 8:13 pm, Blogger poshlemon said...

lol it's almost like visiting the pyramids. Well, not quite but you get my point!

 
At 5:10 pm, Blogger Metro said...

As I understand it, it's the long-lost tomb of ex-prime-minister Howard Holt.

(Trivia for non-Aussies: To "do a Harold" is rhyming slang for "depart". Harold = Holt, rhymes with "bolt".)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home