Metroblog

But I digress ...

01 August 2007

Metroblog Scoop!

Well probably not, really. But all my Avid Fans will doubtless be thrilled to learn of the reunion of Sean Astin and Christopher Lee in a major project.

You will recall that the last one involved a certain amount of magic. This time it's not so much the magic itself as The Colour of Magic.

Yep, Sean Astin as Twoflower, David Jason as Rincewind, and gawdelpus, Christopher Lee as THE VOICE.

In celebration let me offer you a quiz:

Which Discworld Character Are You?

You scored as The Librarian
You're the Librarian! Once a wizard, now an Orang-utan (due to an unfortunate magical accident), you refuse to be turned back for a few reasons: In this form, it's easier to reach the shelves and hold more books; having the strength of five men makes people return their books on time; life's great philosophical questions boil down to "When do I get my next banana?" You only ever say "Ook" but are usually understood well enough.




The Librarian

100%

Commander Samuel Vimes

63%

Lord Havelock Vetinari

63%

Greebo

63%

Esmerelda (Granny) Weatherwax

56%

Gytha (Nanny) Ogg

56%

Carrot Ironfounderson

50%

Cohen The Barbarian

38%

Death

38%

Rincewind



38%

Which Discworld Character are you like (with pics)
created with QuizFarm.com

8 Comments:

At 5:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are Captain Carrot Ironfounderson of the City Watch in the greatest city on the Disc - Ankh-Morprok! A truly good natured, honest guy, who knows everyone, and is liked by all. Technically a dwarf, but only by adoption. You'd rather not be reminded that you are the true heir to the throne, but that does explain why people naturally follow your orders.

Carrot Ironfounderson 81%
Gytha (Nanny) Ogg 75%
Commander Samuel Vimes 56%
Esmerelda (Granny) Weatherwax 56%
Rincewind 56%
Cohen The Barbarian 50%
Death 50%
The Librarian 44%
Lord Havelock Vetinari 38%
Greebo 25%

I took this quiz last year and was Carrot then too - so it must be true!

That's amazing news about the film - how exciting! *does happy dance*

 
At 8:37 am, Blogger Metro said...

Strictly between you and me, I got Sam Vimes at first, but I liked Kidby's Librarian better, so I gamed the hell outta the quiz.

This is just on the QT, right? You and me, private-like.

 
At 11:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Won't tell another soul - promise!

 
At 2:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonsoir, Monsieur Metro

Vorry Nicht

Unser Silenzio can be bought

Der RechtsAnwalt von Adler Grau

 
At 2:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a tie between Carrot and Vimes. Lord Vetinari was a very close second. This would seem to suggest that I'm level headed and reliable. Obviously this test is completely out to lunch.
Cheers.

IH

 
At 10:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I hafta read the books before I take the quiz? His fans have always scared me, and as Viggofan#1 that is really saying something.

PS read Sean Astin's book. I liked him until I read it; what a pan-fried asshole he is, deep down.

 
At 5:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, I am Cohen the Barbarian. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

 
At 1:23 pm, Blogger Metro said...

@ RC

Heh ... Cohen the Barbarian is, to quote the books "A lifetime in his own legend."

He is the leader of a gang of barbarian warriors called the Silver Horde (named for the colour of their hair).

Astin's a dick? Big deal. I don't care about his personal life so long as he dances when the organ grinds.

IH:
Are you sure you took the right quiz?

@ G. Adler:
And who in the Discworld did you turn out to be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home