Metroblog

But I digress ...

15 July 2007

Ho'ston, We Have A Problem

Can I get an editor here please?
NASA moved space shuttle Endeavour a step closer to liftoff without an essential part: the "u."

The spacecraft arrived at the its launch pad at the Kennedy Space Center on Wednesday, and officials welcomed it with a banner reading "Go Endeavor."

The shuttle's name, however, is spelled the British way, with a "u." It's named after the first ship commanded by 18th century British explorer James Cook.

Via Yahoo! News.

I suppose I shouldn't laugh at them. After all, it's English, not rocket science.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I was just over at the Telegraph's website and it encourages people to "write write your own blog". Proofreaders are needed everywhere. Tell you what: you take NASA, I'll take the Torygraph.

 
At 12:08 am, Blogger Metro said...

Hey kids!

Write your own newspaper, you should, you should!

Sounds like someone I like a lot. You'll like him, you will, you will.

Whoa--check this out, too. I knew those rumours of his timely death were rather exaggerated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home