Metroblog

But I digress ...

01 July 2007

Happy Canada Day

Just wanted to say that. After all, if I'm going to be up at five on the long-weekend Sunday of our national holiday, I might as well do something useful.

What's appropriate for a Canada day post? I thought initially a tune called "Don't You Wish Your Country Was Cool Like Us?" would fit the bill, but no-one's written one yet.

So you get Stompin' Tom.



More Canadian than that, you won't find in a hurry. And now I must retire to consume our best-known export; and beer. Have a happy and peaceful Canada day.

6 Comments:

At 10:01 am, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Nice. Way better that what I'm listening to on the CBC's coverage of the Parliament Hill festivities.

 
At 10:07 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Parliament Hill is presently suffering an infestation. I suspect most of it is country fans anyway. They all seem like bolo-tie and big-belt-buckle Hummer drivers.

 
At 12:40 pm, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

Yeah, what I saw looked really ridiculous.

 
At 1:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did this get posted? I've been looking for Stompin' Tom for ages!

FYI in Vancouver we had twenty minutes of government sponsored fireworks, and quite a lot of them were in the shape of pot leaves! Some Yanks got disgusted and left.

 
At 6:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think he ever got shin splints?

Btw, you've been tagged Metro (would've tagged Mme Metro but she seems rather busy these days...)

5 reasons why I blog

We get those same-shaped fireworks here Rain, but I always thought they were palm trees.

 
At 3:29 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Raincoaster, he's entirely all over YouTube. Margo's Cargo is a lotta fun to watch.

Az:
The meme's gotta wait, for reasons outlined above regarding small infestations of my home. Can it wait for a week? Maybe two?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home