Metroblog

But I digress ...

15 June 2007

Video Friday Strikes Again

I admit it: I liked Honeymoon Suite a lot when I was growing up. And no tune did I like more than this one. Musically tight, with vivid imagery ... all very cool. It was sometimes difficult to reconcile my enjoyment of synth-pop and New Wave with my taste for Judas Priest and AC/DC, but I managed. Specialization is for insects.

But since Much Music wasn't available except on the Pay TV package my parents were unprepared to pay for, it's only since the advent of YouTube that I've been able to see some of the videos.



This video's got everything: A self-referential soundtrack and video clip, cheesy fade/crosscut effects, a really cool retro car. Hot babes, and even two cute children and a charming Basset hound. More importantly, the band were clearly having fun when they made it.

Heck--this video has production value; because as Mo Fuzz of Fuzzball Records is wont to say: "There's only one thing that adds production values ..."

1 Comments:

At 9:42 am, Blogger Wandering Coyote said...

I LOVED Honeymoon Suite growing up! They had the best videos. As a woman, however, this one didn't do much for me. I think my favourite was Burning in Love...can't beat Niagara Falls in a music video.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home