Metroblog

But I digress ...

05 June 2007

Nothin' Goin' On But the Mortgage

I've tried at least four times to post. I'm down, blue, and completely unmotivated. Part of it is that I've been feeling a way I don't fully understand and I can't quite make out what I want to say about it.

Usually I'm well in control of that aspect of things. If I don't want to feel a certain way, I take steps to feel some way different. Running from emotional peak to trough gets damn old once you're past fifteen or so. So now I wish I felt different, but I can't seem to manage it, quite.

I've got two memes and a post on humour and the Great Enemy to work on. But I seriously can't.

Not adding anything in particular to the mix is the sudden realization that I spend a good part of my life reporting second-hand on the unfortunate ends of people whose last words were most likely "Oh £µ©λ ..."

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, that last paragraph! Like, "Hold my beer and watch this!" Seriously, a book I have on catastrophic airline accidents reports that most pilots' last words are "Oh, sλ!t."

 
At 6:25 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Hopefully not, in fact, most pilots'.

Oh the rest of it's funny too. What business have I, a mumble-mumble-year-old man, have wandering around with a chip on my shoulder and a boatload of teen angst?

But I can't get rid of it somehow, so wallowing it's gonna have to be ...

 
At 5:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most pilots' last words are probably "hide, that sounds like my wife's voice!" if my experience of pilots and their wives is anything to go on.

metro: venting angst is exactly what blogs are for! If you don't want to vent in front of this crowd, vent on Wordpress under a different name. Nobody would think of connecting Monsieur Metro with "howardtheduckwasfuckt.wordpress.com:"

 
At 8:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And just what is wrong with teen angst? I am sixtmumble mumble and I still have that angst. Against politicians, against churchmen, against war, against bloggers higher up the pecking order than I, against young people because they can do all night what it now takes me all night.

I am a veritable hive of angry little buzzy bees!

 
At 8:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I also hate Chili!

 
At 1:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harrumphus Harrampha Harrumphum

.... unreasonably-high house-prices => high mortgages + excessive taxes => ever harder-work to pay bills + increasing credit-card debts/interest required to pay bills + taxes + mortgages

..... what better way to keep down the lower orders (you North-Amerikans call them "ordinary citizens") who will be too tired to blog & object ....

but Australian Beavers & LongDonkeys & Excellent Wild-Life photography cannot be suppressed, while heroic AerChies champion their gNoble cause/s

Yr obedt servt

G E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home