Metroblog

But I digress ...

13 June 2007

God Grant Me Such A Death

I spend a lot of time evaluating deaths. I'm writing a blank verse poem about it. Is the article too short? Can't use it. Is there not enough detail? Can't use that one either. Is it too "political" (though what's political about corporate neglect and corruption I defy you to tell me)? Then it's a no-go. Today I found a "good" death.

If I were inclined to believe in such a place as Heaven I would be certain of finding Mario Oberio Vieira there.

This is the type of person I want to remember when Ralph Reed, Robertson, and the rest of the pompous, pious pricks are pontificating their putrid pronouncements.

A real Christian. A man who learned the lesson of John 15:13 and followed it wholeheartedly through to the end.

Here endeth the lesson.

4 Comments:

At 11:34 am, Blogger G Eagle said...

Bonjour Monsieur Metro

This is all very upsetting - the family & friends are being very brave ... and I suppose this young man died bravely ... and for a purpose .... but it's sometimes a very sad & broken world that we live in

... and my prayer for you et Mme Metro ... und for me (& the other Eagles) .... and for everyone is that the Good Lord should grant us such a Life, which is so much more than such a Death

I have the honour to remain your obedient servant etc

Tot siens

G Eagle

 
At 12:29 pm, Blogger Metro said...

I don't know how he lived his life, other than a few verbal snapshots from his family and friends. I know only the circumstances of his passing.

However his life was lived, the manner of his leaving it showed class and Grace.

Still, it'd be nice to think that were I topped tomorrow, some people would express similar sentiments.

 
At 3:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the privilage of growing up with Oberio's kids. He was a member of our church and is extremely missed. As the Morning Call Article stated "He lived what he preached!"

He was a great role model for me and my family.

 
At 5:01 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Zito:

I'm honoured that you stopped by. As a sorta atheist, I am left in awe when Christians practice what the Saviour preached.

My thoughts are with you in your loss. And perhaps that loss is to Heaven's gain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home