Metroblog

But I digress ...

17 April 2007

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

HE £µ¢λING DID IT!

On a day hung over with yesterday's misery, I visited Jacob Seilheimer's blog:
In what can only be described at the most horrific experience of my life. I, Jacob Seilheimer, completed the Boston Marathon...

DEAD LAST.

And I'm damn proud of it.


Raincoaster will doubtless wish to make her $25 US contribution to the American Cancer Society immediately?

Under the terms of our wager, I will be putting in my $26.20 US this evening. Mme Moistness and I will exchange receipts to verify that we have lived up to our end of the bet.

A bright spot in an otherwise rather dismal day.

5 Comments:

At 6:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He would have done better at another marathon; they don't take the water and first aid stations down for 12 hours, because of the walkers. But he should be proud.

And yeah, you know what I'm gonna say about that money. When will you be picking it up?

 
At 7:16 am, Blogger Metro said...

The wondrous thing about the internet, Madam, is that one may safely and securely donate the money to the charity of one's choice online. Just send me a copy of the receipt.

 
At 8:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour M Metro

Shocking

Someone is impersonating you in your Komments Section

A Gentleman does not ask a Lady for a Receipt

Your obedient servant etc

G E

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger Metro said...

With Raincoaster I find a sworn, notarized affidavit and videotape are just about enough.

 
At 10:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS one may not, in fact, donate via the internet. Without a credit card, I cannot register for Paypal. Without Paypal or a credit card, I cannot donate online. Welcome to the digital divide.

And hey, I thought you were coming back to town soon? I can give it to you then, provided you give me enough warning that I can shake Raj upside down until the $ he owes me falls out of his pocketses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home