Metroblog

But I digress ...

05 April 2007

Tripping the Big Smoke

Nope. Not whatcher thinking, I almost guarantee it.

Mme Metro and I took her teeth to be looked at in the city. It's about 900 km, round trip. We stayed overnight with friends and managed to take in dinner and the following day's lunch with no less than Raincoaster, who is slightly less tentacular in person, though looking rather peaky and clearly not getting enough spinach. I think she should consider some sort of purgative diet to cleanse her of accumulated poisons.

Dinner included pear, walnut and gorgonzola cheesecake, at a place known for what is colloquially called "gorgasm sauce" (a pasta topping).

The next day following, as Mme expressed it: "The fastest $240 I ever spent"--in and out in 15 minutes--we headed home. But I think we'll be sending her in on the bus for the follow-up. Upon arrival home I had to split to rehearse play number one.

I had gone to the gym Tuesday morning, and definitely overdid it, because after eight hours of driving my legs were burning all last night (That'll teach me to run almost the entire (slightly downhill) mile to the gym). But the long shot is that I was awake for about half of last night.

That's why I'm zombie-ing my way through work, trying to get it done so I can nap at my desk before I make my way to play number two. Since I haven't the energy to blog I'm offering you this, which I created myself, from scratch, with only a bag of random html tags to work with.

You Are Incredibly Logical

Move over Spock - you're the new master of logic
You think rationally, clearly, and quickly.
A seasoned problem solver, your mind is like a computer!


Or possibly stole from Casa Az, I can't quite recall which, at the moment.

Wanna know the really cool thing about this trip?
I get to do it all again next week!

10 Comments:

At 9:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

".... about 900 km ...."

Hi, everone

err ... I think M Metro means 560 miles ...

Yr ob servt

GE

 
At 11:29 am, Blogger Metro said...

If I call it miles, will make the driving time shorter?

I'd go for that.

 
At 12:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As odd as that cheesecake sounds, I hear it's excellent! Couldn't UPS have taken the teeth cheaper? Isn't "purgative diet" an oxymoron? Enough with the questions! My original thought for a comment pertained your legs. (that's too close to purloined)If it ever happens again (or you feel a charley-horse coming on) get a brown paper bag and keep breathing slowly into it. It will blow you away (!) how quickly it works. Your best interest in mind friend, Lydia

 
At 2:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It works really well if you fill the bag with ether first.

IH

 
At 9:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ether has one more letter "i" but CO2 is what adds to your muscles to take away the cramps.

 
At 6:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or you could just blow four bucks in Chinatown and get some Tiger Balm. Or learn to cool down properly, which prevents that whole ugly lactic acid scenario in the first place.

 
At 7:12 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Oh, right ... Like I should take the advice of someone who doesn't get enough spinach.

 
At 12:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't ferment well.

 
At 11:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tiger balm, all I could smell was ether! It has been almost 50 years since I got my tonsils out and I can still get a memory whiff.

 
At 10:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Metro,

In your post on 05 April 2007, "Tripping the Big Smoke," you mentioned...

"Dinner included pear, walnut and gorgonzola cheesecake"

What restaurant did you eat that at? If you can remember, please email me at peter@nwpalate.com.

Thanks, Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home