Metroblog

But I digress ...

24 April 2007

I'm Retiring

Hey--that last post was my 666th!

I'm having a beer to celebrate that tonight.

But unfortunately I have sad news that I need to share with everyone. Tonight I will hang up my cape for the last time.

The word is out, the discovery has been made, and the genie cannot be put back into the bottle. I thought it was safely buried beneath the Serbian steppes, but you never can tell where humans will explore next.

It's been a good run, but now I'm retiring while I'm ahead. It's not like it hasn't been fun. I've enjoyed the daily workout, speeding bullets, pushing locomotives, leaping tall buildings and all that.

I was even really on board for the new movie, but then they pushed Kevin Smith off the director's chair.



From now on, it will almost certainly be a bird or a plane. Unless my communter flight gets bumped.

It's not the public disillusionment and the questioning of my role. It isn't the ambivalence about my American alliegance. It's something altogether more menacing ...

Now the terrorists will have Kryptonite.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 pm, Blogger Norlinda said...

Are you serious about this retiring thing? I want a better explanation!

Norlinda

 
At 11:37 pm, Blogger MHG said...

I just un-retired my blog, and found a comment you left in September of 2006. It included links to your honeymoon in France. They were some great pics, so I decided to head onto the front page of your blog... to find out you are retiring?!

I think not!

(who else is going to read my blog?!)

Brick & Mortar digital camera store??? GOLD!!! Solid gold.

The blog has very little to do with poker now (I'm sort of assuming you found it through those channels?). Whether that is incentive or not, only you can judge!

 
At 6:34 am, Blogger Metro said...

No, no, I'm going to keep blogging. I just won't be rescuing people from Lex Luthor or Brainiac.

And that bloody Lois Lane can find someone else who'll save her crazy Superman-stalking ass.

 
At 9:26 pm, Blogger Norlinda said...

Kryptonite, cape, rescuing people...Ahh...I get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home