Metroblog

But I digress ...

20 March 2007

Oh--And the Big News

It turns out I'm not too old to play the lead after all. Apparently the director of the play thinks I have great stage presence. So I get to play the good-looking young teacher who just blew into a town full of fools. In a world composed of characters entirely devoid of any intelligence, I'm the only one with brain cells.

Casting for type, if you ask me.

I tend to agree with the director's assessment. When I am on a stage, I am definitely present. Quite obviously there.

But there are thousands of lines to memorize! Eeeee!

4 Comments:

At 6:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the lead?? Wheee! I can't wait to see this play.

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger Lori said...

The director threatened me with "Oh, you'll be helping him with his lines? Would you like to understudy for the role of Sophia?"

Uh. No.

:-)

 
At 3:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Close your eyes and think of the groupies.

 
At 12:35 pm, Blogger Curtis said...

Congratulations! You'll do swell. If it's at all humorous, I once played the narrator in Our Town---the only character alive---with a severe bladder infection in tow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home