Metroblog

But I digress ...

27 February 2007

Quote of the Day, Quoted

I was over at The Questionable Authority, where Mike Dunford has been re-diseccting the parodaic (Is that a word? It is now. It means something so self-consciously, seriously, un-ironically stupid that it parodies itself) "Conservapedia".

For the uninitiated, Conservapedia is a shelter for those who can't cope with reality, and prefer to float in a womb-like pink fog of Truthiness surrounded by the facts they know, rather than those that have been independantly confirmed.

However, the blogosphere has been into this like weevils in prison bread. Witness these comments from Dunford's prior post:
I'm having tremendous fun. I edited the article on Atheism to point out that it leads to pedophilia and bestiality. I checked back an hour later expecting my edit to be gone, but no: they didn't remove it, they added citations.
--Stevel

This is the best fun I've had all week! A search for "God" just now redirected to "Fictional Characters"! The first line of that entry is: "God is pretty popular, but judging by God's blog, and several thousand years of human history, He's kind of a dick."

It seems the godless atheists are making more use of this farce than the saintly Christians are!
--Emily

The perfect quote for today's post sprang to mind:

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views ... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
--Doctor Who, The Face of Evil

So I clicked to add it to the comments below, knowing my wisdom and insight would earn plaudits of all who happened to read ...

Except that I'd been scooped by one lurker#753!
Once I thought about it for a second, I thought:What better indication that a {name yer topic} geek is in the right place than to get scooped on an obscure SF quote?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home