Metroblog

But I digress ...

17 January 2007

From Under the Nose,


or possibly the fearsome squirming proboscis, of Raincoaster (pictured here enjoying a tender moment with a friend). I don't normally blog on Lovecraft-related things, but I admire creativity in the use of dead animal hides.



Via BoingBoing

A fearsome mask of Cthulhu, possibly less as envisioned by Lovecraft as by Leatherface?



The mask is the product of either the fertile mind or diseased imagination (your pick, O Avid Fan) of one Bob Bassett. Update: I'm not sure where the Cabbage Patch Cthulhu pictured at the top is from.



Should your tastes run that way (wiser tastes might probably run in the opposite direction, O Avid Fan) it's for sale.

7 Comments:

At 4:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes - are we all thinking the same thing today? I just found the original of the mask on an Ebay crawl - then, after posting, I find the raincoater has posted it, you have posted it, and Boingboing has posted it.
Could it be that the old one is stirring?

 
At 4:32 pm, Blogger Metro said...

As Scooby would say: Arr-ou?.

I just popped over to the Wet One's blog. Nary a leathery tentacle to be seen.

Maybe you see her posts earlier because of the time difference?

 
At 5:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or maybe I had an hallucinatory moment. Whenever I see or think of Cthulhu, it is overlaid with the raincoater's blog.
btw - ol squidface hasn't smacked me for that cartoon yet - or the terrible pun.
The security letters this time are enough to worry me - what sort of alien is a "vgykzoid"

 
At 5:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Metro Mutant,

It's wrong - WRONG - for you to go out in public like that. At least have the decency to wash your face!

EK

 
At 5:08 pm, Blogger Metro said...

EK: Only if you promise to ditch the white-boy 'fro.

Archie: I think I saw one of those in a baccofoil suit chasing Doctor Who across a Welsh quarry once.

 
At 4:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me wants. Me wants baaaaaad. And I tried to post it, but failed (something to do with the Wit's End Procrastinator Cab Franc/Shiraz, perhaps?) so maybe Archie is just being psychic.

 
At 8:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monsieur Metro

The 1st Photo

Which one's R-C

Your (& the Tree Octopodia's) obedient servant etc

G E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home