Metroblog

But I digress ...

10 December 2006

Weirdness Meme


As per usual I'm about a week late on this. I was tagged some days ago with Raincoasters chain let--er, "meme". The object is to list six weird things about yourself. Since Mme Metro, the Great Wet One, and far too many others have already responded, I felt compelled.

1) As a child I had three operations to correct tongue-tiedness.

2) I once sleepwalked into a bathroom that already contained my grandmother, washed my hands and sleepwalked back out.

3) I have slightly fewer kidneys than average.

4) I have a runcible accent. It adapts to the person I'm speaking with. Some who know me claim it turns up in my writing too.

5) To the best of my knowledge I have eaten only one mushroom since I was three years old. The same is true of eggs, as in boiled, fried, scrambled or poached. And I know that wasn't really about mushrooms--don't be pedantic.

6) This post was deleted by a cat shortly after I wrote it. The weird part is that the cat yet exists in a form other than a tennis racket.

Good day to you all.

8 Comments:

At 7:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4. Something that we have in common. Unfortunately, sometimes the person I'm speaking with thinks I'm making fun of them.
#5 You forgot to mention your aversion to eating mollusks.

IH

 
At 3:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mollusks - have you ever considered how much they look like oysters?

 
At 6:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those operations were an astounding success, if you really could call it that...

 
At 6:38 am, Blogger Lori said...

I'm tongue-tied too...but never had any operations. My parents just let me go through the first few years of my life calling myself "Wowi".

#6 -- it also helped that his wife was there to say, "click there, where it says 'recover post'"

 
At 7:58 am, Blogger Metro said...

@ RC: You're right, the operations were indeed sucessful. I can now speak clearly and coherently instead of simply spewing a confused mishmash.

Perhaps you should consider something similar?

On the other hand, incomprehensibility has always been part of your charm ...

@ IH: Actually I don't have a complete aversion to molluscs. I've eaten more than a few.

@Lori:
Ya coulda fooled me.

 
At 12:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How expensive is it to tie them back up again?

 
At 12:56 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Well if you're wondering whether you could have it reversed, you'd have to ask the surgeon involved. But I'd still encourage you to go for it.

 
At 11:49 am, Blogger Philipa said...

Metro - I am inspired to complete my own 'tagged' task and sped an email to raincoaster this very day to thank her for the opportunity to reveal my wierdness to the world under some lame excuse. Sadly I felt I could not do that as there's only so much wierdness the world can stand to know about one person before they start patting them on the arm and telling them everything's gonna be ok.

Excuse me I must sit down and have a drink with my friend Harvey. You'd like him, he's a pookah.

wibble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home