Metroblog

But I digress ...

21 September 2006

Sick Days

There's almost no worse way to spend a sick day than actually being sick.

Almost:

As with many people, when I'm sick I retreat into childhood, and when I'm feeling too rotten to blog, I retreat into YouTube. Here's some of it.

Before the Rutles were the Beatles. But just after the Beatles and before the Rutles were the Wombles.



Ah yes, Great-Uncle Bulgaria, Orinoco, Tobermory, Wellington, Mme Cholet ...

They totally rocked--or at least popped.



For a while there seems to have been a fad for allowing furries to entertain small children.



I suppose we all grew up terribly warped as a consequence. But at least they're not gay, or communist pimps, or cross-dressing nudists.

3 Comments:

At 2:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Banana Splits!

And thanks for the link; off to Technorati myself.

 
At 2:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'oh! You need better ledes: I didn't click except by mistake, because I thought you were referring to some obscure and bizarre Quebecois or Australian Muskrat/Wombat Sid & Marty Krofft thingy.

 
At 5:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better.

Norlinda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home