Metroblog

But I digress ...

02 August 2006

He Cares! He Really Cares!

Prime Minister (See: History, Accidents of) Stephen--I mean Steve--Harper has responded to my petulant and angry letter of some time ago, third in a series, concerning Lebanon and the outright murder of civillians by the Israeli Defence Force.
Mr. Harper:

Following the indiscriminate targeting of non-combatant
institutions and infrastructure, and the deaths of 600
Lebanese citizens, the vast majority civillians, at
the hands of the Israeli Defence Force I have to ask
you:

Do you still consider Israel's bombardment a 'measured
and appropriate response'?

If you still feel that the killing of 600 is an
appropriate response to the deaths of eight soldiers
and the kidnapping of two more, then what is the
appropriate response to the deaths of at least nine
Canadians since this war began?

I have written you twice previously on this issue. So
far you have not deigned to respond.

This is a time for action and leadership--Your silence
shames Canada before the world.

Tell me Mister Harper: When you speak grand words
about humanity and suffering in the world, and about
the need for action--in Darfur, Afghanistan, or Iraq,
for example--who will believe you now?

Yours,

Metro
I had given up on hearing from the S.H. when the following graced my inbox with its presence:
Dear Metro:

On behalf of the Prime Minister, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail regarding the situation in the Middle East.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully reviewed.

Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister.

L.A. Lavell
Executive Correspondence Officer
for the Prime Minister's Office
Agent de correspondance
de la haute direction
pour le Cabinet du Premier ministre
I notice he doesn't say who it's been reviewed by. I suspect CSIS.

In Other News

After some initial confusion that led to Tracksy thinking that I was, by myself, several dozen different visitors, I have straightened out my hit counters for the moment. I'm flattered to see people here from 30 nations, including Israel, Lebanon, and Singapore!

But still no Norwegians. Could anyone living near the Finnish, Danish, or Swedish borders please step over and ask someone to visit this blog? I'd sure appreciate it.

Iceland could be trickier, but first things first, right?

10 Comments:

At 1:24 pm, Blogger JD Hobbes said...

If you want to really know how Mr. Harper's government feels about your letter, try crossing the US border and getting back again.

There have been cases of bloggers being detained at the border because they've been critical of Mr. Bush on their blogs.

 
At 10:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason you're not seeing Norway is that most of the ISPs in Norway are owned in Sweden; they're coming cloaked!

There, don't say I never did nuthin for ya.

 
At 8:16 am, Blogger Metro said...

Okay--So I need to find someone who owns their own Norwegian server.

As for me, since I don't plan to enter the States once the Fingerprint-ID-Card-Retinal-Scan-DNA-Sample program kicks in, who cares?

 
At 9:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos on the post chez BoJo. More reasoned voices is better.

But I am SO TOTALLY off the Christmas card list now!

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger Metro said...

Why thank you, Raincoaster.

I didn't want to say it on your blog, but I'm afraid that BoJo thing's not much of a flame war is it, really? No-one WRITING IN GREAT BIG CAPITALS, no-one spelling out dirty words, no personal insults (aside from your balls/brains kickoff). In fact the posts as a whole have been quite reasonable.

If you really want flaming, go to a Trekkie forum and post about how Roddenberry stole all his best story lines from Doctor Who--People may not know what's happening in Beirut, but they care about their Trek!

 
At 10:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I mean that it was a flamewar for THAT site. You didn't read my "I will spay and neuter you and send you to your mother in eleven separate Tupperware containers" comment when I got hacked?

You can tell the gloves have really come off when I drop the "S-Bomb". Anything that begins with " AOL-R69, sweeeeeeeetie, darling..." can only end in hair on the walls.

You forget, I have been blogging since 2002, and on forums since they were alt.buttfucknowhere. I've flamed Nicholas Campbell on the Da Vinci's Inquest site. I've flamed Viggo! And every single Viggo forum administrator...and every mod at least once.

 
At 2:48 pm, Blogger Metro said...

I know you burn for Viggo--coudja keep it to yourself? Some of us are trying to eat lunch.

I read your "hack"-ed-off comment, and I must say, if I didn't know what a total marshmallow you are (she gets all gooey over Pit bulls, kittens--hell, even wolverines) it would sound pretty impressive.

As things stand, it sounded like ... well ... Ever heard a kitten spit at a Rottweiler?

 
At 7:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was the last sound that Rottweiler ever heard, bitch.

 
At 8:29 am, Anonymous Tor said...

Now you got at least 1 norwegian.

 
At 5:35 am, Blogger Metro said...

Thanks, Tor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home