Metroblog

But I digress ...

24 August 2006

Guns Don't Kill People: Morons With Guns Kill People!

Via Nag on the Lake:
Cullen told firefighters he wanted a cat rescued from his tree and knew they would only respond to a fire call, Edwards said. A battalion chief told Cullen to call animal control or wait for the cat to get hungry and come down.

Cullen apparently didn't like the response, Edwards said.

"He went back into the house, got a small black revolver and came outside shooting," she said.


This tells you most of what you wanted to know about pet and gun owners.

Why couldn't he just shoot the cat out of the tree if it was so urgent?

7 Comments:

At 5:13 pm, Blogger Raul said...

Hey Metro,

Thanks for your comment in my blog. It was great to see :)

I hope you can visit from time to time....

 
At 6:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Riiiiight. I'd hate to be the neighbors he took a dislike to.

More people should be A) neutered and B) restricted from having access to firearms.

 
At 7:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Metro -

FINALLY, a conclusion we agree upon.

 
At 7:59 am, Blogger Metro said...

@raul:
No problem, and I'm sure I will.

@Raincoaster:
I dunno--if he lived next to you perhaps you could get something done about the seagulls?

@Anonymous:
You see? There's always a little common ground somewhere. Now if only we both had enough gumption to claim an identity ...

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger Lori said...

Metro, my love,

don't be too hard on Anonymous...here is a person who comes back regularly to read you (at least I'm assuming so from the word "finally").

We could use a gun on the deer, quail and raccoons that come into our yard...

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger Metro said...

If it comes back regularly, then surely we should have a name for it, dear.

And I am being nice. If you knew what I'd just deleted, you'd agree.

 
At 3:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Metro -

I have no gumption. Hell, I can barely spell the word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home