Metroblog

But I digress ...

05 July 2006

THEY'RE HERE!

Normally I'd use the singular, but when discussing raincoaster, one must use the plural, to contain all of her personalities.

Today, for example, she complained of eating a crust of bread. Will she tell you that there was smoked salmon cream cheese on it, and that she prefers the heel of the loaf? No.

She's blogged about my home, my hospitality, and my Nash Metropolitan without so much as giving me a link. When you've known her as long as I have, God knows you don't expect justice, but it would have been nice.

Today, Mrs. Metro bought a litre and a half of respectable Okanagan Sauvignon Blanc by raincoaster's special request. It was chilled to perfection. I approached raincoaster about her doing some guest blogging on my site in exchange for Sauvignon Blanc. Know what she said?

"Oh, that doesn't count. That's the cheap stuff. There's some Jackson Triggs Proprieter's Special Reserve, it's quite expensive..." and you can imagine where she went from there.

She's right, though. It is the cheap stuff; hence, I don't think she can taste the arsenic.

2 Comments:

At 8:08 pm, Blogger Metro said...

The slander!

For my Avid Fan out there, Raincoaster asked, nay, begged me to let her onto this blog. SHe promised something refined, tasteful, and decorous.

Naturally I was intrigued by this departure from her usual squid-and-orgasm-raking style and permitted her acess.

And what do I get in return? A vile canard that I am poisoning her with arsenic--in what she clearly considers an inferior vintage no less!

After I offered her a job, too. I was even willing to provide the French maid outfit.

No good deed goes unpunished. Sigh.

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Anyone who knew raincoaster would hardly expect something refined, tasteful or decorous from her, so the previous poster is obviously some kind of hateful fraud. Disregard his/her comments entirely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home