Metroblog

But I digress ...

25 July 2006

Shrill

It's not a tone I like to hear in my own voice. And this blog, I suppose is my voice. And right now it's a little shrill. *Sigh*

Usually I hope to persuade people by keeping the discussion--because it is a discussion, O Avid Fan, my ideas and yours--calm and rational, at least on some level. But today is a good time for a reality check.

Yes, I'm angry about this war, which grinds on despite the wishes of the wider world. And as an ex-soldier, the deliberate targeting of civillians offends me somewhere deep down inside.

But some of the anger, today at any rate, is just due to circumstances beyond Israel's, or Lebanon's control. Nothing major. Just the usual everyday sand in the shoe of life, really. You know the saying--"It's always one thing or another".

It's just that groups of three or four things have taken to coming at me as a group.

Anyway. I'm going to try to post about something other than the current conflict tomorrow. Dunno what yet.

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

4 Comments:

At 9:27 pm, Blogger Lori said...

Well, you could post about the consumer warfare you've undertaken.

No. That would be shrill. Hmm...

You could post about ME.

No. That would be smarmy.

You could post about your friend getting married this weekend. :-)

 
At 4:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got laid last night. Make you feel better? Stop letting the war get you down. You live in Canada dude. How bad could things be?

The only war you all should be fighting is the one that earns you all the right to deduct your house taxes every year. Sheesh, what a racket.

 
At 10:07 am, Blogger Metro said...

Actually, anonymous, it does, somehow. And by the most curious coincidence ... but that would be telling.

Not sure what you mean by deducting all my house taxes--I get to deduct mortgage interest.

But it does tie in rather well to my next posting, which I have decided should be on consumer warfare.

 
At 8:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Canadians don't get to dedcut mortgage taxes...

Hell things are improving up there! You see, things aren't all half bad!

Stop fretting the war. As an American living in Georgia, I think we're all wondering (selfishly), when we're going to invade Syria and nuke Iran. It's depressing when you think about it.

Only time will tell. The big question is what is peace in the region going to cost us all.

In my opinion, some things aren't for sale. We shall see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home