Metroblog

But I digress ...

16 July 2006

It Had To Happen

Seven Canadians have been killed by Israeli airstrikes against civillian "targets" in Lebanon. Four of them were children. Presumably not militants then, eh?

In keeping with your earlier remarks about "measured and justified" response, Mr. Harper, I demand that we immediately mobilise and begin shelling the living shit out of Israel's roads, bridges and, oh I don't know--how are they off for nursery schools? Fair is fair.

Mr. Harper?

Mr. Harper?

3 Comments:

At 2:00 am, Blogger lifeflaw said...

No one could have said it any better, thank you.

Allow me to express my deepest sorrow for all the Canadian civilians that were killed in Lebanon by the Israeli war machine.

 
At 2:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Israel wants to stand alone, I say let 'em. Embargo, anyone? Yeah, that should go down well with Bush: he hasn't got the manpower free to stop one.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the US and Canada are encouraging their citizens in Lebanon to leave, but the UK is asking them to stay put? Interesting difference of perspective there, eh?

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger Just Jane said...

I think the memory of the 241 Marines killed in '83, along with the hostages that were held for years is still fresh in the memory of the US. I'd like to think we have the sense to get the hell out and try only to be a fair, diplomatic influence. Probably not going to happen. One can always hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home