Metroblog

But I digress ...

06 July 2006

Ann Coulter takes on Rupert Murdoch

Fifty bucks on Murdoch. Metro, can I borrow fifty bucks? It's a sure thing.

raincoaster here, guest blogging. They tell me that's what it's called when you're locked in a steamy room, chained to a desk. They say I'll be let out soon, just as soon as I blog. And that if there are any spelling mistakes it's no Sauvignon Blanc for me, but only ratty old Chardonnay. What is this, Eighties Night?

Today, they offered me a "scenic drive in the wine country." I nearly jumped out as we passed the landfill, heading up the gravel road to the looming, Lovecraftian mountains. Ain't nuthin between there and the Yukon, but fortunately Metro bailed on the Everest climbing routine 'round about the time we passed, I kid you not, Cowpat Farm.

Help, help, I'm being oppressed!

In any case, deep-fried vainglorious plagiarist Ann Coulter, 45 and really a brunette (still is, below the waist), has attacked the New York Post for reporting (quite accurately) about the latest incident of "borrowing" in her work. Like how Attila the Hun "borrowed" Europe.

Here's the quote that superheated the rocks in Ann's head:

Conservative scribe Ann Coulter cribbed liberally in her latest book, "Godless," according to a plagiarism expert.
John Barrie, the creator of a leading plagiarism-recognition system, claimed he found at least three instances of what he calls "textbook plagiarism" in the leggy blond pundit's "Godless: the Church of Liberalism" after he ran the book's text through the company's digital iThenticate program.

He also says he discovered verbatim lifts in Coulter's weekly column, which is syndicated to more than 100 newspapers, including the Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Sun-Sentinel and Augusta (Ga.) Chronicle.


And here is what the Harpy from Darpa replied:

Coulter wrote: "Once considered a legitimate daily, the Post has been reduced to tabloid status best known for Page Six's breathless accounts of Paris Hilton's latest ruttings, and headlines like 'Vampire Teen -- H.S. Girl Is Out for Blood.' How crappy a newspaper is the Post? Let me put it this way: It's New York's second-crappiest paper."

She added: "Maybe the Post's constant harassment of me is an attempt to shake me down for protection money like they did with billionaire businessman Ron Burkle. I have sold a LOT of books -- more books, come to think of it, than any writers at the New York Post."


As Gawker said, she may have even written some of them. Some.

And here is what the Political Cortex has to say:

Of course, as New Yorkers know, picking a fight with the Post is not always smart, as the paper is quite good at splashing a person's mug across its cover accompanied by an embarrassing headline. (That's what tabloids do after all, and if there's one thing the Post is, it's a good tabloid).

I look forward to the Post continuing the Coulter plagarism investigation, and perhaps featuring the next chapter of the saga on the cover.

To help the Post out, feel free to suggest a good tabloidy headline for the Coulter plagarism scandal in comments. (Trust me, this is the only time I will EVER ask you to help out a Rupert Murdoch property).

3 Comments:

At 9:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Locked in a steamy room and chained to a desk"--What part of "room and board" didn't you understand?

Actually these were the conditions the Wet One demanded along with her (comfy) room and (alcohol-heavy) board, in return for sharing a few blog-words.

I confess I am not yet tempted to ask for a refund. In fact I confess that Mme Metro and I are willing to put up with Raincoaster anytime she gets tired of loony samurai and power-less-ness.

Metro

 
At 11:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, those loony anonymous commentors. You can always tell it's not the real Metro when they don't sign in; because the password would betray them.

But this nony makes a good point. I have indeed been at the booze, Pilsner though it may be (I actually typed "Pilar" first, which is an in-joke that works on so many levels). Could anything be crueler than forcing me to drink Pilsner?

 
At 1:25 pm, Blogger Metro said...

...And you can always tell it's not the real Raincoaster.

The real Raincoaster drinks anything, with gusto--including paint thinner--as she has ruined her taste buds with the guzzling of much cheap gin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home