Metroblog

But I digress ...

06 June 2006

Relief Floods Parliament


I'm certain that this is THE nightmare scenario for all politicians. And even for the terror suspects. I mean, there's an even chance that nobody'd pay any attention.

It's hard to see how penning a few politicians would affect the running of the country these days. Any terrorists storming Parliament would be lucky to find anyone there some days!

While the notion of Harper's head in a jar, metaphorically, is not without a certain interest I deplore the idea of violence in the political arena and would never, ever actually want this to happen.

But in 1982 the Parliament remained closed while the opposition Progressive Conservatives (back when that wasn't an oxymoron) refused to enter the house. The country seemed to wobble along fairly well as far as I can tell.

But don't tell any terrorists you know. Next time they might take out something really vital, like Tim Horton's.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 am, Blogger JD Hobbes said...

I'm suspecting that Harper had something to do with the timing of this arrest. Keeping the people afraid means that they will be easier to manipulate.

Argh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home