Metroblog

But I digress ...

24 May 2006

Wah!


Oh--so now he's going to stop talking to us.

I'm not certain, but I believe Harper's actually already broken the record for fewest statements to the press of a serving PM. Mulroney had it before, but got his head out later in his reign.

The real reason is that Harper's pissed because I referred to him in my early-this-morning post as a "caretaker prime minister". Personally I'm flattered at being called "national media".

Although I normally consider myself a Global Media Outlet I recognize that this echoes my delusions of grandeur.

Harper has yet to come to terms with his, it seems.

How much of this, d'ya think, originates with Harper manfully decrying the Iranian Nazi dress code as reported in the "unnamed paper" mentioned here?

But suddenly. The PM is caught with his #@^&-0~ jutting into the wind. I suppose he had a Right to expect the Post to give him a pass (first past the Post?).

Poor Stephen. Imagine what he must be thinking.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he thinks it's going to prevent the media from talking, he's clinically insane. The Asper family is paying these people, and they'll get their money's worth no matter what, so the word count will remain the same, it'll just go on without the government's point of view.

Of course, this will only contribute to the idea that the current government is irrelevant and only a placeholder till the Liberals choose a leader. Which is true, come to think of it.

 
At 12:37 pm, Blogger Metro said...

Well there's some doubt as to whether a) The Aspers with Izzy gone are as big a threat anyway and b) they wouldn't actually give Harper a pass.

Remember, this is the bunch that owns the National Post, haven of generally good if rightward journalism.

As for the placeholder thing. The Libs needed a time-out, the BQ needs shut-out, and the NDP can't get their message out. So the Cons were the odd man out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home