Metroblog

But I digress ...

13 October 2005

Le Fin Du Blogue


Alas, 'tis done, 'tis done, 'tis done.

BLive have decided that a blog (and, necessarily, a bloggER) is a luxury they aren't able to afford right now. Boo! Hiss! Dude--that totally blows.

I know, but overall the experience was positive. It's nice to be trusted, and I was. The company asked for very little input into my output, and I hope that I'll get to work with them again sometime, possibly soon. I understand they may have other work for me one day soon-ish.

Of course, losing a third of our income stream is a sobering experience. Still, I can hang out my shingle in confidence, able to claim some months working in the corporate communications arena.

Elsewhere: Bob's still pretending I don't exist. I wish I didn't obsess about it as much as I do, 'cos really I don't care much what he thinks one way or the other. But the feeling of friction at my other work is distracting.

My other writing gig also seems to have toddled over the horizon; what the hell is this? A made for TV movie?

Well . . . if this were a movie, I'd find out that the SO is having an affair with the milkman, develop a drinking problem and lose my remaining job. There would be a long montage showing my hair getting longer and my beard getting interestingly scruffy, although not beyond the three-days'-growth stage. Then my unpublished novel would be picked up by a major movie studio, I'd win the lottery, and every doughnut I ever ate would turn out to be calorie-free.

Gotta go--I've only got a few more minutes to buy a ticket and I don't want to be away from the phone too long. Wanna drop by the house with a dozen doughnuts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home